Spearfishing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bhofmann

Forager
Dec 18, 2009
Exmouth, Devon, England, UK
I'm fully expecting to be told to leave the group by posting about this :surrender:, but since fishing, hunting, and the laws that apply are discussed here as well, I thought I might ask about hunting under water....

I was wondering whether there are any people in the South West (or elsewhere in the UK) that hunt fish under water. I used to do this a very long time ago (20 years ago) in a different country (Cape Town, South Africa) and fancy trying it here in the UK. A problem is that I have no dive buddy and nobody I know who does this sort of thing. There's an old saying "dive alone, die alone" and I don't fancy the latter.

Could any of you more experienced people give me some advice as to where to find like minded people or a dive buddy? :dunno:

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
i dont dive but i'm planning to have a go at making and using a couple of different spear designs. i think just a sharpened stick with a barb would work well for flatfish in a shallow bit of water. i will be using them from the riverbank and off canoes so sorry i cant go with you :)

This is my Flat fish stick for diving difficulkt to see but hte tape has markings for min size (which is still tiny )

P3170047.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE