"Spalted" sheath FS

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
This will fit the Spyderco BC Knife as well as Clippers,Miki's, 740's, Woodlores and Clones and Bernie Garland Bushcrafters

Now then, I was asked recently to do a sheath to fit the Spyderco Bushcrafter.

I received the clients knife, and set to work, soon realising, that in fact, My standard sheath will accommodate the Spyderco very nicely, without modification:)

When I work on commissions, I almost always, make two sheaths, just in case.
This time, I did one more or less to the original request and one that is very much "freestyle".

I took inspiration from the very nice spalted handle scales, on my clients Spyderco and came up with this:

P7270011.jpg

P7270017.jpg

P7270016.jpg

P7270015.jpg

P7270013.jpg

It is difficult to hit a happy medium with the pictures, as the light was constantly changing, its neither as bright, nor as dark, as it appears!:rolleyes:

Not the run of the mill and as expected the client chose the more subdued item.

So anyway, It's built just like all my sheaths, from 3.5mm veg tan, completely hand made and finished. 70lb artificial sinew holding together with a heavy chrome "d" ring and detachable drop loop or "dangler" included. It also obviously has a firesteel carrier too.

The knife sits very securely indeed, protected from loss and damage but also protecting the user from the knife too.
The firesteel sleeve is also very secure.

As I say; it was specifically made for the Spyderco in the photo's (NOT included:p) but the same sheath fits the list of knives at the top of the post with equal security.

I'd like £28.50 for this please inc P+P 1st class recorded delivery SOLD

paypal ( you pick up fees though)
cheque or postal order

and if anyone wants a replacement sheath for their Spyderco bushcrafter, just give me a shout.

thanks for looking and feel free to comment if you wish;)

atb

R.B.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE