Space saving cup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have the sets, and they're very good, easy to fold after the first couple of times, easy to wipe clean, slide away flat into a pack, etc.
They're called Orikaso, and though they do what they say on the packet, it's a bit of a footer.
To be honest, I still just take a folding kuksa most of the time. They come in two sizes so the small one fits inside the larger 'soup bowl' sized one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/1314...1=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I'm not keen on the folding cups, but I generally carry one or two of the folding plates/bowls as they take up so little space in the pack and are useful as plates & bowls

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
These folding cups are an interesting one. They were originally launched as Orikaso a few years back, they included some plastic poppers in the design. Worked well and were a good option for the UL crowd. Then Orikaso went bust, my understanding is they tried to market them as an item that you would get your company name emblazoned on, to give away at trade shows and the like. They then reappeared a couple of years later under a different name (can't remember it now). With a changed design, they had removed the poppers that were on the original, and had embraced an origami style folds and tabs only approach. They didn't work as well as the originals, and went bust again...

They have recently reappeared under the brand "fozzils" and seem to have taken the original design with the poppers, and are trying again.

I have both of the first two evolutions. In various configs. They are a nice idea, but I am thinking of getting a sea to summit X plate instead. For a cup, I have the folding kuksa in both sizes that Mary linked to earlier. Works better, tho is marginally heavier.

Thus concludes a short history of plastic folding thingies... I think I may need to get out more...

Julia

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE