Southey & JonathanD's Epic Knife Swap

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I originally had the CF & RWL combo made for canoeing and 'shrafting by the sea. I liked it so much that it has become the standard for quite a few made since.

The CF Stu uses is Formula One quality standard. The stuff he put on my signature knife was really fine and tight weave.

I reckon you'd like this one... slightly slimmer and lighter overall. Unfortunately it went missing in Venezuela.

004.jpg

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Stu Mitchell recently made me a UBK with a full flat grind, I have to say I am loving it, as Jon says it does save a lot of weight and it seems to me to cut wood as well as my scandi knives.
I am starting to convert to full flat

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Slightly updated and revised my review posts to include more detail and points I missed, as it was really late when I wrote it, and I had been on on the strong stuff too.

In the next few minutes, the Hellion will be winging it's way back to Southey-Land. Unfortunately I didn't get time to do any game prep as my local rabbit dude failed to get any.

DSC00202.jpg

Would I buy one? Well, I honestly have no use for a knife like this. It appeals to the boy in me who grew up watching Crocodile Dundee and Rambo though. If I was living in a desolate spot overseas, or was an exped leader abroad in volatile areas, then maybe. If anyone wants a fun knife for messing around with in camp, then I'd say go for it, as it is slim, lightweight and fits well down the inside of a pack. Will I buy one. Possibly not. But there is something in me that wants to, so I can't rule out the possibility. I don't need it, have no use for it, my mates will point and facepalm me if I do. Emma WILL shout. Yeah, Emma will DEFINATELY shout.

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
YAY! I have had to put up with sub standard woodys and polars but soon I shall again be whole!! MUWHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, once again you will be able to play at being the Hawke-Daddy. Over to you Ruth....

[video=youtube;jSujOoaTq0E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSujOoaTq0E&feature=re lated[/video]

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Found this while I was looking for Hawke Daddy references..... woooooooo!!!

[video=youtube;dpocpLt4T1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpocpLt4T1c&feature=re lated[/video]

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
hahaha Steady there Jon! Youll have the Hawke on you tail, wonder if they would guest on a loo review?

I think I'd have bigger problems than the Hawke mate.

Maybe you should invite them around and find out. It must be a step up from the Chuckle brothers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE