South Wales Meet 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Oh my - that is the knife!
Now - how many of you are going to come?
:) :) :) :) :)

Looks like it's just gonna be me and you John. I've no idea why but for some reason, the road's in the area are going to be blocked off after you arrive. Your mobile will become disabled and you will inadvertantly anger me and the only way to appease me will be for Unca John to bribe me with something nice and shiney! (I nearly said blue then but i had images of you getting you DVD collection out!):rolleyes:

jeroboam

Jan 12, 2008
south wales
Oh my - that is the knife!
Now - how many of you are going to come?
:) :) :) :) :)

That's a cracking knife and a praiseworthy gesture from Bernie.
All the more gutted that I can never make these meets becasue of work!
Is there any mileage in the suggestion that non-attendees may enter the raffle for the knife?

:)
J

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
In Its Leather and on its way to John.Cheers:)

Bernie

DSC01281.jpg

DSC01282.jpg

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Oh Will, what would you be looking for the Giraffe bone F1? I've liked that since the first time i saw it up for sale, V.nice!;) ;)

Id be looking for another sharp. Knife, axe etc although im ot totaly sure one of those see it like it times. Its very very pretty and i would really like to use it but im a creature of habbitand it takes alot to move the JB U1 from it.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Id be looking for another sharp. Knife, axe etc although im ot totaly sure one of those see it like it times. Its very very pretty and i would really like to use it but im a creature of habbitand it takes alot to move the JB U1 from it.

Sorry Will, did'nt understand half of that. Are you very tired or practicing with the 'Spicy' for the weekend?:D

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
still sorts of makes sense to me ish, tis was late
the just of it was its for trade as although i relly like it the roles id use it for im a creature of habbit and the Jack Black U1 is the knife i instinctly reach for and i dont think this is likely to change.

As for trades id be interested in anything sharp be it knife axe etc or perhaps over kit, im not totally sure more of case of something taking my fancy.
That axe at the last meet was very nice though ;-)

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Sorry guys something i cant get out of has cropped up. Absolutely gutted; ill put the goose in the freezer for the next meet. Have a few drinks for me

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Shame about the auction, I can't take part, but if you'd taken tenner a ticket we'd have most likely all had a go.

Beautiful knife.

Good question about water, I'll bring lots of kindling as usual, my students are crap at woodwork.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Yes guys, bring your own water as no running water nearby. Should be ok for wood though dry kindling will not go amiss. Been up there this afternoon and it's lovely. Bit of a trek up the hill though so try and make as few trips from the car as possible.

If you follow all the instructions in a previous post, it will get you to the green gated field. It got elephany grass in it so park as far as you can in the field. If you cannot fit in, park up at the side of the road, unload all your kit and transport it to the site. There is a carpark a short walk away. It's safe so you can tale your vehicle up there and walk back to the site.

As you are stood in looking at the green gate, our camp site is at the top of the wooded hill on your right. Immedately to your right is a small road. Walk up it about 40m and there is a gap in the wooded area which has posted rights of way. follow one of these (left or right) to the top of the hill and follow the pathway near the upper border (woodland borders onto fields) and the central camp area will be along this path. If you get lost, follow the smell of smoke! If none of this works for you, beep your car horn and someone will come down to meet you. Looking forward to it, lets see who the fair weather 'scrafters are eh!;)

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
It looks like a FAIR bit of rain this weekend then!
I'll still be there,hoping to arrive about 11:30.If you hear me crashing through the undergrowth and swearing ,please come and get me.

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
hi guys ,
just like to thank everyone who attended this weekends meet down near Bridgend , thoroughly enjoyed myself despite the weather that mother nature threw at us .As usual the company was superb and the camp fire chitchat after dark was tops . It was good to see the familiar faces and to hook up with some new ones .A special thanks to Spencer for not only arranging this weekend but top marks for going the extra mile to secure the site for future meets , well done mate ! See you all at the next gathering.

Cheers
Rolly

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sorry I didn't join you, I saw the weather forecast and decided I didn't want to put my son through it on his first outing! And if the weather was as bad as it was here in Pembs then I'm glad I made the decision early!
I hope you all enjoyed yourselves, maybe see you guys in the new year sometime.

Cheechako

Apr 1, 2007
Bridgend, South Wales.
I have to echo Rolly's comments, great company over the weekend and a special thanks to Spencer for sorting it all out. The weather was typically Welsh.....Saturday night was spent huddled around the campfire under John's parachute with the wind howling and the rain chucking it down outside. Mind you, it wasn't that "dry" inside!
Well done to Stewart for winning the Bernie special and thanks to all who attended, hope to see you again soon.
All the best,
Dave.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
It was good to see you all, if only for a short time.

I'll look forward to seeing you all again in the New Year, congrats to Stewart, couldn't have gone to a nicer guy and sorry again Rolly:eek: for the puppy.

Cheers fellas.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE