south oxfordshire,

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chairmanphil

Apr 4, 2011
oxfordshire
is there anybody out there in the wilds of the south oxfordshire levels? newbie to this site but not this landscape. spending my time hanging out between abingdon and didcot. i know this land well and have hundreds of rabbits and pigeons that my farmer neighbours hate and want gone lol. i love this area, i was born and raised in the countryside here, traveled and worked all over the the world and now i'm back. seems hard to get together with like minded people so what are you all up to? fancy a cuppa tea or a pint? i have tonnes of firewood if the idea of camp fires does it for ya. i also have a MK3 hilux single cab 4x4 if anyone is going out on the lanes around here, shooting or just for fun. then i'm there! :)

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
I work in abingdon but from Carterton, up for a meet as i am sure are some of the other guys in the area, sounds like you are living the dream. I have a free pass this weekend from the wife and plan a night out in the woods with my brother so let me know if you want to meet up. if you need help clearing some rabits and pigeons then i am sure my brother will be happy to get his air riffle out.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Well the current plans are to go down the commons (not the best but have to take what i can get) near North Leigh (to the east of Witney) but hoping my brothers boss gives us permission to camp on the estate he works on.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Started a group.

Thanks for the link. I've subscribed to the group but I'd feel a bit of a fraud joining, as I don't live in Oxfordshire any more. Lived there from about 1976 to 1987. Member of the AERE, University and Morris Motors judo clubs most of that time. Built a house in Henwood, cycled from there to AERE every weekday for three years, then worked in Eynsham and Oxford and finally went self-employed around 1982. I still miss Oxfordshire and would love the chance to visit now and again. Unfortunately it's always going to be difficult to get there as most of the time now I'm either in Derbyshire (business) or the Pyrenees (another house).

chairmanphil

Apr 4, 2011
oxfordshire
will join the oxfordshire bushcraft group when i can, seems like i need to put a few posts up first as it keeps telling me i can't access this and that all the time. :grouphug:

chairmanphil

Apr 4, 2011
oxfordshire
like i say it comes up with a banner across the top of the screen saying you have limited access to the site for the time being so have no idea when that will change. :confused:

chairmanphil

Apr 4, 2011
oxfordshire
there we go i am now in the group! and it is raining again so the veg is happy. the sun will be out tomorrow so the misses is happy. and i have a pass for the weekend everything is looking up! :headbang:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE