South African pattern '83 pack?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Cheers for that Andy , I'm going to be doing some conditioning with it as it is for minute and might fab a frame up this month sometime. I'll get back to yer if I can use some measures. I'm going for a longer frame with more of a kick out at the base. Cheers

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
jevabavy.jpg

Framless weight.....1.6kg !

Just walked and jogged 1.5mile across the woods and back on the road with 15kgs..seriously, stop laughing......alright jogged a lampost, walked a lamp post....with the pack on.....quite comfy . If it had a waist belt attached to the frame , I reckon it would be a lot better ......

Going to review my collection of sacs and find a donor for hip and shoulders.....:thumbup:

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Hmmm, I'll give them a bell tomorrow and find out. I've an LK35 frame that might work as a donor if not.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I love mine. You don't have to worry about going light as the pack makes a big load feel light. So comforts can take more of a precedence ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Yeah it does look a beast, wanted it for winter car camping. And 'cos its cool ;).

mark stotesbury

Forager
Oct 19, 2012
Cape Town South Africa
you def need a frame or your lower back is going to cramp up with in the first few miles , I have 2 packs from my defence force days both with ali frames they are available painted black all the packs with grey frames were mild steel the path finder packs are really great super heavy duty material and solid zips really good stuff.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Still seeking an original frame for one of these. Plenty to trade or pound notes.....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Juggernaut

May 16, 2013
Scarborough
www.yorkknife.co.uk
I think this is an old thread but thought I'd resurrect it as I've just bought a SADF pack complete with a frame of this website.....

http://www.daretoprepare.co.uk/shop/4570754020/South-African-83-pattern-Rucksack/7905172

I was really surprised to find some for sale so but the bullet, like it says a little dusty but all in all better condition than my cyclops 2 that was supposed to be grade 1 from endicotts!!

Mammoth size and great coyote colour, just thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention given the interest originally from this thread.

Luke

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE