Source for YKK #10v Zips (PLCE zips)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
Hi, does anybody know where I can obtain 14'' long YKK Vislon #10v zips in black? These are the heavy duty zips which are used to attach the side pockets to the Brtish army PLCE bergans. I've done a google search and most places seem to have the size #8 but not the #10.

Many thanks

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
Hi, thanks for the links Shewie. I don't know whether they deal with the public directly, but I've sent an email to the sales people at the first website so hopefully they will point me in the right direction. I'm attempting to make a daysack for my photo gear and these were one of the last bits I need.

Cheers

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
Hi Jared, I've also sent enquiries to profabrics & Pennineoutdoor this afternoon, so hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow. I've seen the olive ones on ebay now and then, but the black ones never seem to come up.

Cheers

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
jayuk,

let us know how you get on as I am sure others would benefit from this info - I need a replacement zip for my plce day pack.

Cheers

JFW

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
Just to update everyone,

Pennine Outdoor don't stock YKK zips, but Profabrics (Pointnorth) say that their 'heavy weight 8mm' zips are YKK Vislon #10 zips. I've put in an order so fingers crossed that they are the correct ones - I'll keep everyone up to date when they arrive.

However in the mean time, if anyone else does put in an order, please double check with Pointnorth that they are sending #10 zips and not #8 zips (these numbers are usually stamped on the rear of the metal zipper pull). YKK themselves haven't got back to me.

Cheers

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
Hi, just an update - the 8mm heavyweight 35cm long open ended YKK zips arrived today from Pointnorth. The black ones I ordered look like 'updated' versions of the military PLCE compatable ones. They have a plastic (good quality) zip pull/slider instead of a metal zip pull/slider and are about one tooth longer than the military PLCE ones, however they are fully compatable (just a tiny bit longer). They have '10V' marked on the back of the slider.

If anybody does put in an order in the future just double check with Pointnorth that they are sending the 10V ones as I'd hate to be responsible for anybody ordering/receiving the wrong thing.

Cheers.

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
Thread resurrection!!!!!!!!

I've just dug out my Vulcan II from under the bed......forgot about it tbh. I wanted to add a front pouch like RVOPS do, and the pics in this thread are an excellent incentive. Thanks.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Resurrected once again.

I have a large amount of continuous No.8 zip, but I can not find sliders easily. When I do, they cost as much as buying complete zips.

So if anyone knows where I can get hold of No.8 v10 sliders in the UK that would be great.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE