HEADS UP - cheap pouches that fit inside the Predator Side Pocket PLCE (Single)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rambo Rees

Aug 15, 2020
Anglesey
Now then ladies and gents, at the risk of garnering the wrath of the 'everything must be green or brown....and deffo not pink brigade'.....I have found some very, very cheap zip pouches that fit snugly in the PLCE upper pockets.
I had been considering the bespoke pouches made by David Friars, they look perfect but I don't know if I'll keep using the side pocket attachment thingy...let alone zip pouches to fit....so a while ago I googled the approximate dimensions and it appeared that Superdrug made a black 'cosmetic bag' that had the desired dimensions...if not the desired colour....
I forgot about if till the other day and whilst in town (I don't venture into it all that often, very few trees, and even less wildlife), I popped into Superdrug and picked up these 'beauties' (see what I did there...cosmetic....beauty...oh forget it!).
....for £1.99 each.
They were sealed to stop scallywags filling them with nail varnish and hair remover and, erm....those vicious looking things ladies curl their eyelids with... taking them to the till and later gloat that they got all that stuff for £1.99.
It wasn't till I got home that I realised that the insides are a frankly spectacularly bright pink....still at least it's easy to see the contents...
Worth a try I reckon....despite the pink.IMG_20210715_214906.jpgIMG_20210715_214920.jpgIMG_20210716_201154.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Wickes used to do large canvas pencil cases that were a similar size. Check those out too. A nice fawn colour to appease those with bushcrafty aesthetics In mind.

Reactions: Rambo Rees

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Don't you need a dry bag or minimum draw string bag as insertion bag for Britain?

I anyway don't understand why that's such a simple flap.

Rambo Rees

Aug 15, 2020
Anglesey
Don't you need a dry bag or minimum draw string bag as insertion bag for Britain?

I anyway don't understand why that's such a simple flap.
Yes....it rains a lot, I'm sure my £1.99 Superdrug Spesh's are fully waterproof :)

I think the PLCE was made especially to hold SA80 magazines, two deep?

Reactions: Erbswurst

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I think the PLCE was made especially to hold SA80 magazines, two deep?

Yes, that’s right. And the spare ammo thy comes in little brown boxes were made the same width as two magazines, so you could get two extra boxes, one on top of the other too!

Or if you’re like me, just throw away the ammo and it’s the perfect size for a 250ml thermal mug! :coffee2:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE