Soon be Winter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I've got two weeks ski instruction booked in Slovenia for February/March. Hope to do more in Scotland this season too. Time permitting I may also get back to Lapland, perhaps for a week dog sledding late in the season. It all depends on the weather.

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
10665901_1051398458222940_8158165222209252447_n.jpg

RobD

Jul 30, 2012
Deep in the forest
My favourite time of the year. Everyone thinks I am mad and should want the hot summer days to go on forever!

I much prefer the crisp cold of a winter morning, especially if there has been snow. There is something about putting on the winter gear and going for a walk that really makes me feel part of the big outdoors far more than a walk in summer.

Maybe it's because I get to have the outdoors to myself....

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, I like the winter, not fussed on winter rain but don't mind the cold, snow etc but there again I don't need to commute anywhere very far so when it comes to travel it doesn't effect me much...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I will just get on with my normal run of trips into the trees - I will just have warmer clothing and fewer insect bites! :)
I am looking forward to getting some real wear out of my Welsh Woolen Shirts :)

It is already close to freezing back home. A few more weeks and we'll have our first snow. By October or November we'll be able to go hunting when everything is snowed up and frozen. The first trip after a long summer is always the best. Luckily I'll be back home by then so I can go. (But I have enjoyed being in UK)

Ruud

Jun 29, 2012
Belgium
www.rudecheers.wordpress.com
Just booked a flight for me and my girlfriend to Östersund, Sweden for only 400 euro's. Can't wait till February! Looking forward to sleeping in a heated tent again, keeping the lessons in mind of last year (more fuel, dig a cold well near the entrance)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE