Some recent work + a new one

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Hello folks, though I'd post a picture of some recent work, a mixture of models and materials.

33djt46.jpg

and this wee chap is a new model that I'm quite pleased with, I ended up calling it the Woodcutter knife:p not you might think the most imaginative of names but does what it say' on the tin:)

85mm blade 115mm handle in natural Micarta with spangly Orange G10 liners nipped in place with Nickel-Silver pins

2q9wj2x.jpg

I wanted to design/make a knife light enough for comfortable neck carry but more than a carver and sturdy enough for all but the heaviest of tasks, my good friend and ardent bushcrafter Jurgen (lucky67 of this parish) gave some invaluable input in the process.
It has the same handle design as my larger knives but being more slender and a bit shorter I have round off corners more to avoid hotspots and keep it comfy through all the grips.

2yywn4m.jpg

2jfxb0o.jpg

The blade has a strong drop point pushing the centre line lower which has resulted in a very positive cutting action with excellent control, I can't put the thing down:cool: I decided to keep the tip relatively slender to maker notching carving etc a breeze.

v7wbwh.jpg

Thanks for looking and as always your thoughts are most welcome.

Toby

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Morning Toby,

That new model is superb, really really lovely.

What are you doing to me !

I think you should have a go at a Bird and Trout style :)

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Thank you gents:)

There is one to come Robbi as soon as I get my website changed over to a format where I can update it with the new bits instead of waiting forever and paying too much for the current guy to do it. But the sketches are in the book waiting for a refining so any input would be gratefully received fella.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Ooow, now that's nice. I do seem to have an orange thing going at the moment and that combo looks well. Style wise it looks a lovely carver and user. Like it.

Ruud

Jun 29, 2012
Belgium
www.rudecheers.wordpress.com
That Woodcutter keeps calling my name at night Toby, I think you'll have to send it my way :D

btw, I've applied some ordinary beeswax to the handle, the elm burl now really looks incredibly beautiful. (I own a Trappeur Bushcraft from TP knives)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE