Some recent leather work (Pic heavy - ish)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
First off, a group shot. The 'curly' cordage at the front is frogging done on a lucet and the other bit of cordage is Japanese braiding - I forget what the disk it was done on is called :eek: .

Grouphug.jpg

Goat skin bag and pouches

Justkiddingbagandpouches.jpg

Bags and pouch - Post Apocalyptic style

postapocolypticsnakebagsandpouch.jpg

Squeeze and Squeal bags

SqueezeandSquealbags.jpg

Enzo Trapper in it's new clothes. Trapper is D2 flat ground with Vera Wood scales over red and black liners. As I'm not a masochist I'll refrain from using Vera Wood in the future :yikes: .

Enzoandsheath_01.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Cheers bud :cool: . Despite the wealth of easily available knowledge, I still find photography a dark art :( .

Me neither, don't even own a camera, lol.:eek:

Tell you what, give me that nasty reindeer hide and i'll replace it with a nice white bedsheet, it will show your work much better, lol:rolleyes: :D:cool:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Playing with a new style. Not there yet - but I thought that I'd show it anyway.

S7300558_flask_front.jpg

S7300559_flask_rear.jpg

I'd intended to use 2mm leather thonging to lace the back up. Unfortunately it wasn't strong enough. Instead I've used 5 strand waxed brown thread. It was then hand twisted to give it extra 'body' and to improve the look.

Flask & stats link

My apologies for the worse than usual pics - I've had to borrow a very old camera while I wait for mine to be fixed after it lemminged itself :eek:

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Looking real good fella. Managed to trade some (I think) lovely goat skin hides and a load of thicker moo cow for sheaths the other day for a knife.

Im going to crack on soon and play at making a few pouches and bags. Thought it would end there, but then theres all the lacing gagetery to think about too!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Cheers :cool:

... but then theres all the lacing gagetery to think about too!

Cast your eye over 'Leather Braiding' (Bruce Grant) the next time you pop into the shop. Lacing's fun :D and Grant's book explains 'stuff' so well that even a complete numptie like me can follow the instructions :confused:

... goat skin ...

Really nice stuff to work with - though, depending on thickness, you might need to take a bit of care when turning it out.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... I can see a new addiction starting!

:lmao:

The simple stuff is quite ... well ... simple :eek: - and, as you said, quite addictive :eek: :lmao: .

The files came in a thin plastic case :yikes: . Lacing is 'Spanish Edge Lacing of One Loop'.

S7300567_a.jpg

And the froe came in a plastic bag :lmao: - lacing is 'Stair step Applique of One Thong'

S7300563_a.jpg

Close up

S7300564_a.jpg

Posh names ... but quite simple.

I really hate this borrowed camera :censored:

EDIT:

Another bit of 'Spanish Edge Lacing of One Loop'. Knife sheath is the same one that's in the OP, but has had the thread changed.

S7300553_a.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE