Some new knives from me

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
Here are 3 knives out of five I'm doing .

01 steel 4.5mm thick , black speckled corian scales , stainless loveless bolts , red liners.
General purpose bushcraft/ camp knife.

PIC_0482.jpg

PIC_0481.jpg

PIC_0480.jpg

PIC_0496.jpg

PIC_0495.jpg

PIC_0494.jpg

PIC_0490.jpg

This One's a file blades knife , so it's W1/2 for the blade , 6mm at the spine , black speckled corian scales , black liners , aluminium pins and lanyard hole. Probably best suited for a camp eating knife. Originally done to prove that a knife can be made with the most basic of tools. Blade ground with a homemade ramshackle disc sander !

PIC_0497.jpg

PIC_0502.jpg

PIC_0501.jpg

PIC_0500.jpg

PIC_0499.jpg

PIC_0498.jpg

All knives still need my makers mark which I'm struggling with so am considering taking them to get engraved. I don't know if this is possible but I'll soon know.

Anyway what do you all think ?

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Me likey!!

tapered tang looks sweet and i like the grind,...

what set up have you got for the grind mate?

and how do you apply it to take down the tang,...

Cheers

Stu

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
Me likey!!

tapered tang looks sweet and i like the grind,...

what set up have you got for the grind mate?

and how do you apply it to take down the tang,...

Cheers

Stu

Hiya mate , I was just looking at one of your old threads on BB about using a file as a blade !

I made an adjustable jig for the grinds and it's a real good piece of kit , as to the tang I take it you mean the tapers ? you just run the taper to and fro on the belt grinder , and have to use a block of wood to keep pressure on the blade . If your worried about flatness put a staight edge on it , but if you have a flat platen that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Thanks for looking.

Richie.

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
Cheers Andy , getting better at it bit by bit but have had alot of help from BB members on the way , each knife seems to get better and better. But I do like to test myself every now and then which is what the wee camp eating knife was about.

Culloch

Forager
Jun 22, 2008
Australia
The Sabre grind is a favourite of mine as you know mate, some like to call it a high scandi but either way it makrs for a great blade!
I'll be thru Tue to sort that thing we spoke about this morning.
Nice blades mate, have they all sold yet?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE