Solstice puzzle - rustic button

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
For those of you that aren't out dancing around bonfires and getting blind drunk (not that there's anything wrong with that) this solstice, here's a little something that might occupy you for a few seconds.

Here's a rustic button made by my own fair hand today. Just the one, because it was a test, but it worked and I will make more.

The question is: what is it made from? The only clue is that it is a natural material, as opposed to kydex or plastic or something. No scale. What you see is what you get.

23544591699_59fa89a620_b.jpg
[/url]Button (and a small puzzle) by Michael Kilner, on Flickr[/IMG]

Oh, and no prizes either, because I'm skint due to Christmas :rolleyes:

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I'm going to say dried avacado seed/stone? I've made plenty of buttons and beads from them in the past, and this looks similar

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Dried avocado it is. Just sanded both sides, and holes made with a mora carver.

Ok, so I couldn't resist once someone got it right. :eek:

Dreadhead

It's beautiful stuff to work with, sometimes comes out in lovely colours when it dries I've had so e that look like little ruby coloured hearts. It dries nice and hard but can be brittle and easy to break sometimes it's strange

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
It's beautiful stuff to work with, sometimes comes out in lovely colours when it dries I've had so e that look like little ruby coloured hearts. It dries nice and hard but can be brittle and easy to break sometimes it's strange

The one pictured is hard. I have tried snapping it, and can't. That might be because I'm puny though...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE