Soldering iron / wood burner advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
I need to get another soldering iron for normal home use (my gas one was never very good and doesn't hold its gas anymore), but I also want to do some wood burning/etching. I've made a bird table as a present and want to put some words on the side

I've been doing loads of Internet surfing and they either seem too cheap with unsatisfactory reviews, or for single use only. From what I can see most of them don't get hot enough to do any real soldering, but the real soldering irons don't come with other tips for wood burning. Guessing mains powered will give it enough juice but don't really mind

I remember my dad has a gun style one with a trigger that can do both but the ones I've seen haven't reviewed very well and don't have the tips anyway

Can anyone recommend one? Budget up to about £30 but could go higher if it was particularly good

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE