socks socks socks!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Really, I didn't have a great deal of luck with the Smartwools, amazingly comfortable for the first few weeks but then got so flat that they lost all cushioning and started to rub.
You must be real hard on socks - I have pairs several years old that still feel good!

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
very nice indeed there tawny. somebody once bought me one of those 'workman' kilts in the picture there with the pockets thinking it was a good idea...the two layers at the front split diagonally so when i moved my legs like climbing a ladder or even when i sat down the entire front halved in two and whoever was in the room at the time got an absolute eye full...still a good laugh though :p

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Has anyone mentioned these yet? pure wool, tough as old boots, warm as hell and comfy. I've used them for pheasant beating 4 days a week during the season for the past 2 years and aint found anything better. Sure i've had socks at £20 a pair but they wair out quickly. I bought 10 pairs from this lot 4 years ago and still got them all. and 40 miles a week aint bad. used to be only 50p a pair too. now a whapping £1.00! http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ishop/1069/shopscr183.html

Last edited:

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Has anyone mentioned these yet? pure wool, tough as old boots, warm as hell and comfy. I've used them for pheasant beating 4 days a week during the season for the past 2 years and aint found anything better. Sure i've had socks at £20 a pair but they wair out quickly. I bought 10 pairs from this lot 4 years ago and still got them all. and 40 miles a wee aint bad. used to be only 50p a pair too. now a whapping £1.00!

you got a link?

Feb 22, 2009
UK
Have to second smartwool socks.

As a diabetic I have to look after my feet. Not too hot, cold or sweaty. Smartwool does the job for me. Keep looking on the auction site. You can get pairs for a fiver. It does sound a lot for one pair, but they are worth their weight, honestly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE