So... Hot Sauce.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Just for a flavour hit; I carry small containers of Louisiana hot sauce or Tabasco:

condimentcontainers2.jpg

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
sriracha1.jpgI'm on the Sriracha at the moment,

It does have quite a following worldwide. have a look a the merchandise

Only places I've seen it are Asian supermarkets and big Tescos

Oh, and now
Ebay

:)

Last edited:

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I favour a locally made (Cambridgeshire) one called "Naga Napalm". Not as bad as the name sounds, has a nice depth of flavour rather than just brute heat (like Dave's Insanity for example).
After trying these I find ordinary Tobasco just seems a bit harsh tasting.

Dave

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
To make your own chilli sauce fill a container with fresh crushed chillis and then fill it with oil. Set aside for a few weeks.

On the other hand, a Louisiana HOT SAUCE (and Tobasco and Pete's are brand names of Louisiana hot sauces) takes up to 2 years for the initial recipe to age properly so I stick with a ready made brand. Tobasco is my favorite common one with mild heat; but some specialty ones are better (Dave's Insanity has been mentioned)

For vegetables such as greens (mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens) I prefer the vinegar from a jar of pickled jalepenos.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
what i want to know is who discovered chilli was edible ,i mean if you dont know if a plant is edible your supposed to rub it on yer lips and if no reaction try on the tongue,so why after burning their lips did some bugger think it stings like hell ille try eating it!

bert333

Settler
Jan 15, 2008
Earth- for awhile longer...
so.... BR....you like it hot?
THIS will blow your mind and then some!!! :eek:
Use with EXTREME caution... no kidding - said to be 900 times hotter than the hottest
Try at your peril!

I have removed half and replaced the volume with oil and just use the oil- like one drop is almost too much!
This Chili sauce makes the Sahara's midday sun feel cold!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE