Snugpak Underblanket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bizmarty

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2008
Under a Tree, UK
Just got this Snugpak under blanket for my Jungle Hammock. Could someone please tell me how this attaches to the hammock!? I think I may have to extend the elastic to fit it? If you have got any pictures that would be great.

Thanks

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
It's made by Snugpak and sold by me and Nick at DD Hammocks.
They're a lot easier to put up than you might think when you first look. The only thing to make sure of is that the UB isn't taking any real weight and putting unnecessary tension on the shockcords.
Like a lot of folks I now have a couple of mini carabiners at each end so I can quickly snick them on without worrying about getting the shockcord length right.

Bizmarty

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2008
Under a Tree, UK
Thanks for the replies so far. I did get it from you actually! along with the quilt too... Can't wait to try it out at the moot :) how many carabiners do you use each end of the quilt?

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
The woods, Småland, Sweden
08101807morning.jpg

Tie the outer elastic strings to the ridge line and try to keep the full length of the elastic strings. Preferably near where the ridge line is tied to the tree. Don't stretch any harder than it has to be to keep the quilt snug against the hammock.

Tie the inner elastics around the hammock line.

No carabiners are needed at all.

A.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Just the Group Buy ones Simon. It's extra money to add a logo so I just stick to the Snugpak one as they're expensive enough.
As far as putting the BCUK logo on, I expect there'd be copyright issues to resolve = more cost.
sooooo.. my 'limited edition' BCUK logo'd underblanket and quilt set could become a collectors item??!! :naughty:

Carbuncle

Forager
Jan 12, 2009
Merseyside
Sorry, but i have only just seen this thread. Afraid there will be no more group buys for the Underblanket as long as Mark and Nick continue to sell them.

By the way, I'm well impressed with the cocoon - from the first time we used ours thay were easy to set up with none of the cold spots I'd feared. So much so there may be an underblanket for sale in a little while, but not the overquilt - my missus has banned talk of selling it!

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
I love the underblanket, overblanket combo. If you're not in a hammock you can use the overblanket in spring, summer and autumn with a roll mat inside a bivvy bag and be very cosy, but not too hot, and it saves on weight too. I like a bit of versatility.

Carbuncle

Forager
Jan 12, 2009
Merseyside
Glad your happy with it. How do you get on with the zip. A few people have had some problem with them snagging. But we are looking into that, Snugpak and myself.
No mither Ian, it's certainly no worse than my alpkit bag, for example. Maybe there's a psychological thing going on, if you completely enclose yourself in it - I tend to have my face protruding through a gap in the zips. Cracking piece of kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE