Snugpak Merlin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 20, 2022
West Cornwall
Anone have any real world temp rating for a Snugpak Merlin please? I know you can add +5 to what Snugpak claim, I used to own a Kestrel and it was way under what they claimed. Got a weekend forest hammock trip this weekend, min night temp is 13. working out which bag to take. Got hold of a merlin for summer, I also have a Vango venom 400 which is toasty but don't want to wreck it as there will be fires and drinking, etc! it's a festival. Was thinking of getting away with the Merlin, a roll mat and my Alpkit bivi bag. Appreciate opinions. Thanks

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
They have got better with the temp ratings but I use a merlin it’s always with warm clothing on. Just carry it because it’s so small and light.
first owned a harrier but couldn’t get on with side zips so bought a merlin then the other warmer centre zip. I just put on a warm coat if cold and if not the coats my pillow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron Von Scheele

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE