Snugpak Softie 12 Osprey VS Carinthia Defence 4 ??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swingerek

Sep 23, 2011
eastkilbride
HOWDY HOFFDOG,IVE JUST PUT MY SNUGPAK ANTARTICA RE SLEEPING BAG ON GUM TREE.DONT KNOW IF YOU HAVE LOOKED AT THIS MODEL.HAVE A LOOK IN CAMPING AND HIKING SECTION UNDER SCOTLAND.CHEERS.(very warm bag)

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
I thought the Carinthia was part of a set,warm weather bag plus cold weather bag,which can be doubled up?

There are 2 bags - the Defence 4 and the Tropen which can be combined to make a full arctic bag with a -38 rating. I have both in the 200 size and they are great, the Defence 4 is a very warm bag, I have slept in it with the zip down and hood rolled back under , although I tend to sleep hot. At 6'5'' they are the first sleeping bags that are truly comfortable for me and have ample room.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
I also have issues with arm room in sleeping bags, I sleep on my side and like to have my bottom arm out in front of me with my forearm pointing straight up towards the top of my head.

I have two Snugpak Softies and I've found that if I don't pull the face and shoulder baffle cord too tight, I can fit my hand up between the gap in the shoulder baffle and up into the hood. I used to have a center zip bag and it used to drive me nuts trying, (in vain) to find a comfy position for my arms. Get one with the zip on the same side that you're most comfortable sleeping on, this works pretty well for me.
They are good and warm and really well made, my only issue with them is that the zips tend to snag a lot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE