Snugpak reviews (All please read)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Deleted 70

Dear Bushcraft forum users

I would like to have some input from you regarding Snugpak future reviews on bushcraft website, what I am after is people to reply to this post requesting what they would like of Snugpak`s range reviewed on bushcraftuk web site. I will leave this post active for a week or so and see what kind of response I get and then speak to Tony about getting some more of our gear reviewed. As I am a the youngest member at Snugpak coming in at 21 years old I know the importance of online reviews in the so called information age, its a shame my Snugpak counterparts cant see this. I don't intend to give up on this as I intend to get as much Snugpak gear reviewed as I can across a hole host of web sites.

I also browse the forum and reply when I see it is needed but feel free to contact me directly on my e-mail stewart@snugpak.net if you have any issues or problems with any of our gear.

Regards,

Stewart Anderson
Snugpak

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
i vote for the rocket pak too !

and there where some bad review off your greenline sleepingbags. Why didn't you replied the messages on the equipped.com forum ? you said you would reply as quickly as possible... more than 2 months letter no reply yet...
http://www.equipped.org/ubbthreads/...oard=survival&Number=19251&page=&view=&sb=&o=

any thing you got to say about the things on wiggy's website ? like chris pointed out ?
http://www.equipped.org/ubbthreads/...survival&Number=19140&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1

also any explaination for some of the bad feedback about the temperature reading: http://www.equipped.org/ubbthreads/...survival&Number=19163&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1

i have read the same thing about the temperature reading many times, on the US-RSOG forum, equipped.com forum, junle training forum...

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Stewart has already been kind enough to send us a Rocket pack. We have been reviewing it for a few months and the review should be up on the site in the next few weeks, I'll let you know on the forum about it. I will say though that for the most part it seems to do quite well in the review.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
PC2K said:
and there where some bad review off your greenline sleepingbags.

It seems he should have bought a warmer bag, 2 seasons?? it does not say how could it was at night.??
You should never trust season ratings as it depends on how your body handles the cold, no two people seem to be the same.

Has anyone else noticed the older you are the lower the season rating??

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
well the guy in the post is pretty young. About that temperature reading, i have heard this many times by many people ! they are not first time sleepingbag users either, i have heard tips saying that you should buy a bag with a colder temperature reading than you normally would use/buy. This is not something i expect from a company like snugpak.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I've used the sleeka parka for over 5 years and would be happy to contribute to a review and hear what other people have said about it.

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I would like to see either your softie shirt and/or pile shirt reviewed. I'm looking for something really warm to go under my Snowsled Ventile Smock for when and if it gets cold.

N

nrb

Im keen to read reviews of any of your clothing products by the bushcraft crew.

cheers,
nigel

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
PC2K, Hiya,

I took a pertex towel on a 3 week rip to norway and the french alps. It worked, but when the weather's bad for a couple of days on the trot, I found it constantly damp, unpleasant to use and not very effective. The newer style made of 1/8th inch thick non woven synthetic fabric (lifeventure etc) are far far better in that regard. And still a lot smaller and lighter than a real towel. In summer, the second type is easily dropped in a daypack for drying feet if the kids want to paddle somewhere along a walk. If you choose one of these, buy the big bath towel size - it only costs an extra couple of pounds and cuts down to the equivalent of 2-4 of the small ones. Oh and the dye doesn't leak like it did on my pertex towel :-(

Cheers

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
I would like to see a review of the softie sleeka - ordinary or reversible. I'd like something affordable that's warmer than a shelled fleece but packs small. For keeping warm around camp in the evening.
Cheers, Alick
Oh, and any comments on the Softie Antartica (18) or Discovery (15) sleeping bags. Ta.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
I'd go for the pile/pertex shirt too - especially if it can be compared to the original Buffalo version. I like the idea of one layer for all occasions, but don'treally believe it can work! :lol:

I'd especially like too know how it would fare in the bushcraft context. Climbers seem to like these in various versions, but I run hot and expect it would be too warm slogging uphill under a load, then not warm enough when stood still.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Pertex pile is ok if you dont go near the fire.

One garment for all occasions is ok if your going home (b+b) at the end of the day - but you still cant beat the good old layering system or the warmth of wool when wet.

As for your running hot comment - you hit the nail on the head.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i like the pertex/pile combo idea, i don't think its a good idea to have them sewn together. i use a pertex windshirt with a wicking base layer of some sort practically year round. if you're moving it's usually enough.

cheers, and.

D

Deleted 70

Cheers for the feedback everyone

Working on a new catalouge here so I have been quite busy and with the run up to christmas and everything. Here at Snugpak we have over 15 new products for 2004 so don’t forget to keep and eye out in the magazines and on Bushcraft for future reviews.

Regards,

Stewart Anderson
Snugpak

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE