Snug pak Elite Pile shirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I love mine to bits. The hoods not very well desined to be honest and the whole thing can get heavy if you are out in heavy rain for extended periods but if you are going to be really exherting yourself in the cold (if its more than +5 C you will probably find it too warm) and don't mind the draughts from the zips you will need to open to regulate your tempreture they are great bits of kit.

I much prefer it over their old pile shirt and the Buffalo shirts I have been using since the mid 80s. I've not used the Montane versions so can't comment on those.

From my experiance some folk just don't kick out enough heat to get the benefit from them and are better off layering up and you will still need something to put over it when you stop moving about for any extended stops, especially if its raining. When its just cold I use a Sleeka or simiilar and when its wet I have a huge Sierra Designs Isotope waterproof that packs down tiny and is just about breathable (by that I mean it can cope with light exercise and standing around but if you are sweating like a pig its breathability can't keep up with it. I believe they have since cured this problem

http://www.sierradesigns.com/p-22-isotope-nano-jacket-mens.aspx

In the old days I just used a poncho, which worked well enough but was heavy.

If you aint used to the whole Buffalo pertex and pile thing if you can borrow one to try out before you buy its worth it as some folk just can't get on with them.

ATB

Tom

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I've had one for years and really rate it.

I don't wear it next to the skin though, but as part of my layering up. (Keeps it fresher longer too!)

Merino base layer, pile shirt then a shell jacket in really bad weatherkeeps me toasty when sat around camp.

Simon

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
I love mine, I use a wicking base layer underneath even though I'm told it's best to wear it next to the skin.
Easier to clean the base layer.
Liked it so much I bought the trousers too.
Only for real cold weather though!

Preper......... :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE