Snowshoes & Solitude

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Emile

Mar 19, 2009
Edinburgh
I came across this the other day, a film made by les stroud and his wife from when they were living primitively in Canada for a year, no metal tools or pots for instance. Haven't seen it mentioned on the forum before, the film is called 'snowshoes and solitude', the link is part 1 of 6, the sum of the parts is about an hour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4_fteTJQ_Q

its not so much of a how-to but I found it a good watch. anyone familiar with it?

he's also got a more recent film called 'off the grid' also to be found on youtube, which is what the name implies. Perhaps this is old news to everyone but I only found it recently...

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I have been on the lake next to that one, called whitewater lake, i think its the only place i have ever true felt at home and peaceful, what a place, great topic thanks for posting, watching the vids reminds me of the sights and sounds, esp those loons.

Emile

Mar 19, 2009
Edinburgh
sounds great; I've not been there, but I'll be spending a year in upstate New York in the near future and I'm hoping to find a comparable wilderness to enjoy there, perhaps in the Adirondacks.

so far only 37 views of this post, perhaps the title wasn't captivating enough...

SkogKniv

Dec 7, 2008
Way upstate NY
sounds great; I've not been there, but I'll be spending a year in upstate New York in the near future and I'm hoping to find a comparable wilderness to enjoy there, perhaps in the Adirondacks.

so far only 37 views of this post, perhaps the title wasn't captivating enough...

I will guarantee you will find the same type of wilderness and solitude in the Adirondacks. I been enjoying it my whole life. Ever want to have a walkabout with someone you let me know!

I am glad you guys enjoyed the documentary I uploaded.

Emile

Mar 19, 2009
Edinburgh
sounds good, I think I'll take you up on that... I'll have to get back to you in about a year, when I should be there.

Thanks for uploading by the way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE