Snow!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
I've cycled to work in it two days running...completely brilliant...it's still snowing now. Unfortunately it's not settling very well though. It's amazing how bushcraft can permeate your outlook, even on a bike, in the snow...I found myself looking at the tracks on the ground trying to count how many cyclists had hit the canal path before me and which were the earliest tracks! About eight cyclists I reckon...more than I'd expected, guess I'm not the only one who doesn't mind a bit of the old white stuff...

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
Starting to lose the edge of the kerbs here so will have to take it steady when I go to view a house later today. It will be fun getting up the slope from my fatory job at 8pm if the kids have been sliding on the paths. Knew I should have brought my crampons with me to norwich. :chill:

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Kim that’s cool I’ve been riding in it too but I only spotted 5 riders in front of me judging by the tracks and the amount of snow fall at the time the we only 10/15 mins old.:eek:):

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
theres about 3" here and still falling! :rolmao:

should i get my arctic gear out for a laugh? :roll:

khimbar

Nomad
Jan 5, 2005
birmingham uk
Don't know which part of Birmingham you're in Kim but in the part I'm in we've had a piffling small amount. I want to wake up to huge drifts and have a snow day. I could practise fire lighting on snow then.

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Lol...well, I'm in the centre of Brum at the moment and it's stopped snowing and basically disappearing as if it was never here...grrr. In South Brum it looked lovely and snowy this morning, but you're right, still nowhere near enough to be classed as 'proper'. On the canal paths it always looks more snowy simply due to the fact that there aren't have as many people walking all over it!!!

Ravenlord

Banned
Feb 23, 2005
England
Been some steady snowfalls here over the last to days, not enough to settle for a long time before being melted though. So no good for tracking or snowball fights!

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Can you match this? :eek:): :Crazy_071

In most spots there's 50 cm. of snow, but on these pics there's 60-120 cm. :Crazy_071

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
i managed to make a scale down version of a "Quinzee" just the right size for my 3 year old son!

it was just the right sticky snow for it earlier, now most is slushy but my shelter still stands, it is snowing at present and we are expecting a fair amount tonight.

i might try the fire lighting on snow if theres enough tomorrow :)

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
P1010026.jpg

Tant

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE