Snow!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

khimbar

Nomad
Jan 5, 2005
birmingham uk
Kim said:
Lol...well, I'm in the centre of Brum at the moment and it's stopped snowing and basically disappearing as if it was never here...grrr. In South Brum it looked lovely and snowy this morning, but you're right, still nowhere near enough to be classed as 'proper'. On the canal paths it always looks more snowy simply due to the fact that there aren't have as many people walking all over it!!!

I'm in the east of Brum but work in the centre. It's pathetic! We've had no snow to speak of...it'll start, stop, start, stop and it never settles. I want proer snow like we used to have when I were a lad...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Wasn't it a beeeeautiful day? A friend and I were out in the snow all afternoon, collected birch bark from some fallen trees down the Castle policies and played at starting fires...AHEM! well really we were practicing our fire lighting techniques in inclement weather conditions.... :) :) :)
Home to hot chocolate and snowballs (Tunnock's that is)

Toddy

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
Have just returned, no pictures worthy of posting, took 3, when we arrived in the peaks (burbage to be precise) there were 30mph winds blowing ice, much like being sandblasted. Also a few waist high snow drift into which i managed fall, and pretty much a white out at one point!!

All in all a fantastic evening!!

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Head for the hills young PH. I spent the afternoon up on the downs yesterday, where it stayed sub-zero all day and snowed continuously. :eek:):
I suppose the most "Bushcrafty" thing I did was make a brew, whereas before I would have taken a flask :chill:
Still, it meant that I got a few strange looks from the dog-walkers, me sitting under a hawthorn supping from a cup with the billy boiling away in the middle of a blizzard!!

Cheers,

Martin

ronsos

Forager
Dec 10, 2004
day off tommorrow-going to local wood to play and check for badger tracks.found the sett in summer and it had all the signs apart from actual badgers. so will try one last time with this reasonable(for the past couple of years at least) snowfall tracks should be obvious even to me.......

D

digbum

Camped out in the snow for the first time ever last night!

Stayed in a field near Tideswell (in the peak district) that had the frozen remains of last weeks snow in plentifull supply -knee deep in places. Had some snowy showers in the early evening but after about twelve pm the sky cleared and the stars came out, which was just beautiful. The temperature went down to about -5 but managed to fend off hypothermia with a roaring fire and copious ammounts of antifreeze / beer.

Next time i want to do it without a tent so i can see the sky from bed, and not risk burning meself to death by having the fire near the sleeping area. Gonna look on evilbay for a bivvy bag right now!!!

:chill:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE