snow and cold weather boots as new

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
i take size 11 but bought these size 12 so i could wear 2 pairs of thick socks [i suffer from the cold due to poor circulation].it was the advice given on the Arctic kit lists gave me the idea

i cut the pull on tab of at the back of the boots so trousers go over and fit better [its not needed anyway].

they have been worn once in the frozen snow for 2 hours so no real signs of wear.

unfortunately for me the blood clot i had in my left leg is agravated when i wear them [i normaly wear lower ankle boots].

they where nice and warm though and very comy otherwise.

£40 [plus postage which you can pay after i send them,cheapest way if you like].

http://www.ski-trek.co.uk/hi-tec-mens-capri-200-wp-snow-boots.html

P1070752.jpg

P1070753.jpg

P1070754.jpg

P1070755.jpg

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
this is the bit from the Norwegian army survival manual i was reading.

here are several vital prerequisites to keeping the feet warm in cold weather. Two
of the most important prerequisites are to prevent heat loss to the ground and ensure
that there is a sufficient amount of air inside the boots. The air is heated by the feet.
Boots should be spacious enough to permit movement of the feet without problems.
A good, thick sole of felt, wool, or felted wool provides a proper level of insulation
from the ground. In order for there to be adequate room for the sole, as well as two
pairs of socks and sufficient air, it is recommended that the shoe size is increased by
at least one size. An increase in shoe size is one of the most vital winter measures
relating to personal clothing! Several investigating committees have concluded that
the main cause of frostbite is boots that are too tight.
NB!
- Never use cotton socks during field conditions in cold weather. Cotton easily
attracts moisture, which can lead to frostbite.
- In order that personnel have sufficient room for socks and soles, the shoe size
should be increased by at least one size during the cold season.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE