Snake Skins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hoppinmad

Forager
Dec 7, 2009
Swansea Valley
Hi,

Does anyone use snake skins with their hammock and tarp set up..and what are the pro's & con's
are the hennessy snake skins suitable for the WB blackbird hammock?
Thanks in Advance
Regards
Stu

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Didnt like snakeskins on my DD frontline, just didn't get on with them with that set up but I do like them on my Hennessy, as JD says can make it super quick for set and take down. Love it that my tarp goes in the snake skin as well. Don't think that the DD snakeskins would fit the hammock and tarp in at the same time.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Ooops, sorry, my snakeskins are DD, not Hennessey. I just use it for the hammock and not the tarp. That I pack seperately.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have snakeskins on one of my hammocks but find it takes more space up when packed than it does is i just stuff it in a drybag and expell all the air.

Both are DD Travel hammocks,
Left has snakeskins right doesnt but includes tree straps and whoopies and soft shackles.
DSC_0074.jpg

Last edited:

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
I didn't get along with them at all on my DD, The big problem I found is they are PU coated on the underside which makes them a bit sticky when it breaks up a bit. I also found it takes up much more space when packed. the advantage is it keeps the hammock clean and dry whilst setting up. I have just got a Warbonnet Blackbird and am loving the bishop bag which packs more easily, especially if you put a compression strap ( I use arbor knot / canadian jam knot) making it a much smaller package but you do have to be carful getting it out.

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
came free with my Hennessy, so I tried tham. Like them a lot for ease, speed and cleanliness of setup and take down. Does make for a bulkier package though, but IMO worth it as I use a 60L pack. When I use the hennessy Hex tarp, I have that in a seperate set of snakeskins. Overall, I like the concept a lot.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
If your tarp is wet does it not wet your hammock too?

It can do, but my sleeping bag is waterproof so I'm not so worried. :)

Both Hennessy hammock and tarp pack away into to a long sausage type thing that I can coil into a rubble bag at the top of my rucksack. Quick and easy to put up and pack away.

lycian_rush_001.jpg

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
My wife modified an old pair of waterproof trousers into some snakeskins for me, for use with my DD hammock. Each leg had its width halved, and they fit perfectly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE