Smallholders Show, Builth Wells

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Went to the Smallholders Show at Builth Wells today, with my wife Tracy, and a friend's little boy. I've been going to this event for 5 years now, and it always makes a good day out. Thought I would show a few pics taken today.

Livestock is a big part of this event, obviously. For me, the pigs are always the highlight.
IMGP0493.jpgIMGP0495.jpgIMGP0490.jpg
IMGP0499.jpgIMGP0912.jpg

Suckling pig anyone?
IMGP0910.jpg

Tracy prefers the goats.
IMGP0924.jpg

Lots of other stuff around though. Saw some lovely tools, wooden bowls, and agricultural stuff.
After this shot, he had to buy a toy tractor, and it had to be a blue one :cool:
IMGP0531.jpg

There were fun activities for the kids, particularly a circus activities section. I failed at spinning a plate and using stilts, and fell off a unicycle. But I got some time being a kindly uncle, which was fun.

IMGP0520.jpg

There was an excellent chap with some interesting bugs. The scorpion is blue because a UV light is being shone on it. The second pic is a giant cockroach, one of my favourite bugs.
IMGP0523.jpgIMGP0526.jpg

The other use for pigs. Pork roll. Very good it was too.
IMGP0937.jpg

For me the highlight was when Tracy joined in the maypole dancing. Just because she looks so happy.
IMGP0935.jpg

Great day out, and looking forward to next year now. Might also go the the game fair 16-17th June this year.

.XII.

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2010
Dartmoor
haha, i handled a giant cockroach today as well, only we were at the devon county show..

the kids were fascinated by the sheep-shearing and axe-racing displays, but the pigs were my favorite too, i just love iron-age pigs (plus they taste amazing!)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
The guy with the bugs was brilliant. One of the kids asked if the cockroaches could hurt you. He said "Well, they are a bit crunchy, so you might break your teeth when you chew one, but they are not bad with a bit of butter".

The only display we saw was a guy using sheepdogs to herd geese, and a bit of carriage racing, or 'scurrying'.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE