small gos stoves(1 person)

kai055

Forager
Dec 29, 2006
Hornchurch
i would realli want a small gas stove that would fit inside a billy can with the gas cartridge, so its all easy to carry.

can any1 suggest website or shops

lloyd :AR15firin

Wettstuff

Tenderfoot
Oct 14, 2005
Ascot
Try a search for gas stoves, lots of reviews from folk on here. Pro's and con's discussed lotsa about most currently available models, couple of good threads recently (cant remember the at the moment though) As for buying i would try outdoorcode (not related usual stuff blah blah).

Mark

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I can personally vouch for the Pocket Rocket, awesome little piece of kit - make sure you buy the self sealing cannister with it though. I also have the Dragonfly by MSR and boy can that baby roar!

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
pocket rocket and coleman F1 are both small and light. have a look at backpackinglight.co.uk for others and outdoorsmagic.com and backpackgeartest.com for reviews

best
steve

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Lloyd,

I've got an MSR pocket Rocket and can't fault it mate and at the F&T sale price it's definitely a bargain :D

Brian

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
I recommend the Svea 123R. I don't own one, but I really wish I did. I've been told that they burn extremely hot and are quite small. The only other recommendation that I could make is that if you decide to purchase one, don't think twice about not getting the optional fuel pump. It increases the stove output quite a bit.

It's like my Holy Grail of Stoves that I can't for the life of me get a hold of.

Cheers,

Adam

leon-1

Roving Rich would be better placed to suggest one, but you could look at an Optimus Crux and that's about the best price that you will find for one. If it is a bit more than you want to spend, no hassles, go into your local millets and buy a Coleman Outlander (It's the newest version of the old Epigas Micro), IIRC they are about £13 with the gas cannister.:)

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
addyb said:
I recommend the Svea 123R......
..... don't think twice about not getting the optional fuel pump. It increases the stove output quite a bit.....
Does it? I thought the pump was just for priming from the tank instead of using meths :confused: Guess I'll have to get one of those too :rolleyes:

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
well the optional pump of the svea 123r is suppose to increase the power with about 100 watts, which isn't very much compaired with the overall output of the stove 1500 watt.

It is very small for a gasoline/petrol stove ( it also fits in my snowpeak track 900), but also slow compaired to mine other stoves. Both mine propane/butane burning pocket rocket (2500watt), aswell as mine primus multifuel stove (2800watts) burn at more than 1000 watts more power than the svea 123r.

the svea is however very simple and reliable.

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
O K you don't really need a pump only when its cold cold outside plus you well need a special cap for the pump don't prime with the fuel thats in the tank makes the stove get all black only if you got not choice use alcohol or meths or lighter fluid now there is two types the 123 the one in picture in front of the blue thing the stem runs down hill and this type runs hotter the other type 123 R is straight now that said i got 8 or9 of these lost count at 9 plus my shop is full of stoves

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE