Small family meet 1st week of April - Llandovery area

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TimD

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2011
Coulsdon
Hi,
We're staying with the inlaws at their farm 1st week of April to assist with lambing.
To escape for a couple of days myself and my boy (11) escape to the bottom of the farm into the Alder woods and camp out down by the river doing bushy type stuff (neither of us are that knowledgeable but enjoy trying!) and chilling for a night or two (with the inlaws pre-agreed consent). We wondered if there is a family or two with kids might like to come come and join us?
Absolutely zilch in the way of facilities though so we'll have to be self sufficient but its not so far to cart stuff from the parking area to.

Anyone interested?

Rgds,
Tim

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
Hi Tim,

Is that the week after the Easter weekend? I would be interested but that weekend we are away due to the school holidays, but if it happens again I'm sure we would be. I have two bouys 13 and 11 and a daughter 4, it may not be all of us, but could at least be 2 : )

Many Thanks

Rich & family

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I am for up that. I have two kids one 13 boy who would certainly be into playing down the woods and a 15 year old girl who might be into the lambing or playing with the 4 year old. Me and the old man might know a bit about bushy stuff if you want to know stuff. Need to check the kids havent gone thier dads that week.

We have made our own midge repellant by the way.

Last edited:

TimD

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2011
Coulsdon
Hi,
We can either do the Easter weekend (or part of) or anytime in the following week. Probably just for a couple of nights.
So anywhere between the 30th (Saturday) March and 5th (Friday) April.
Which couple of days would suit either of you better?

Rgds,
Tim

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I'll bring the kit along to make a few small backpackable gassification stoves, that people can takeaway with them. Fi the kids and I are ok for any days from the 29th up to the 5th.

Last edited:

TimD

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2011
Coulsdon
Hi All,
Righteo if we say Tuesday the 2nd until Thursday the 4th then as that seems the better date.
So long as people give me a rough eta so I can walk up to meet them arriving anytime after 10am on Tuesday and closing down early afternoon on the Thursday 3-4ish.
Hopefully that should fit most peoples needs.
As this is the 1st time I've sprung this on the inlaws I'm going to say everyone who has asked so far is more than welcome but probably leave it there for now. Hopefully if it goes well then more next time if people show an interest :)

Possible numbers by my count so far is:
Xylaria & Woodstock +2 nippers
The Big Lebowski +1
Big Rich +1-3
Thetillerman71 +1

So, if people could confirm and then I'll PM out contact details and other arrangements.

Once we see who and how many are coming then discuss cooking arrangments and anything else.
Any questions please ask away.

Thanks,
Tim

(PS. Helping with or watching lambing for those interested is a definite possibility depending on how well its going. Just had scans done and 13 carrying twins 1 with triplets and a fair few more singles!)

TimD

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2011
Coulsdon
Hi All,
The inlaws have asked me to confirm numbers.
So far I have confirmed:
Xylaria & Woodstock +2 nippers

And to let me know:
The Big Lebowski +1
Big Rich +1-3
Thetillerman71 +1

So, as its a bit closer to the dates now who's still up for it?

Rgds,
Tim

xylaria

My nippers arent very nipper size anymore, my daughter is taller than me.

it appears to be in the flatish big valley a mile or so from the A road which is good, it won't nacker a normal car getting there. I was worried when you said near llandovery it would 11 miles up a goat track. We are looking forward to it.

Last edited:

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Met up with Tim and family to-day for a few hours, it was a very relaxed and comfortable meetup and such a beautiful place, Tim showed us around the place and took us to a spot he and his lad Mark regularly use to light a small camp fire and chill with nature, I wish I had taken some pics but alas the moment has passed maybe next time, Many thanks for the invite and if you are over in the summer ( when the lambing is over :D) we will be over at the drop of a hat and maybe a few others may pop along.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE