Small draw-string bags wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Some years back, Bilmo of this parish made me some some really useful small nylon bags that I used to organise small items of kit. I need some more but unfortunately Bilmo is no longer operating. Does anyone know where I can get small draw-string nylon bags about 15cm x 10cm?

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
I don't know if they will be any good to you but Aldi do some reusable mesh drawstring veg bags probably a little bigger than what you are after. Great for mushrooms etc.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Some years back, Bilmo of this parish made me some some really useful small nylon bags that I used to organise small items of kit. I need some more but unfortunately Bilmo is no longer operating. Does anyone know where I can get small draw-string nylon bags about 15cm x 10cm?
I've got an old navy blue flysheet hidden away in the spare room I think. The wife did a bit of tidying in there so I'm not 100% sure where she hid it...

If you're not in a rush I can probably sew some up for you once I get some time to dig it out and do the sewing. How many do you need?

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Thank you, Mesquite, but I only need a couple and it isn't a major need - Madame has pinched one of mine to put her mobile phone in. I'm surprised that on - line searching doesn't throw up the sort of little bags that you get with tent pegs in, for example. 6x4 inches 15x10 c m. Can I be the only one who uses them for organising all sorts of travelling small items?

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Would be surprised if someone on Etsy isn't making stuff sacks.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Thank you, Mesquite, but I only need a couple and it isn't a major need - Madame has pinched one of mine to put her mobile phone in. I'm surprised that on - line searching doesn't throw up the sort of little bags that you get with tent pegs in, for example. 6x4 inches 15x10 c m. Can I be the only one who uses them for organising all sorts of travelling small items?
I’d be surprised if you didn’t find something here to meet your needs. :)

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Thought that treadlite looked familiar, listed in an ultralight gear directory

Excellent one man cottage business in the midlands and has deprived me of many beer tokens over the last few years. Paul is also a really nice guy to deal with. :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
No problem, I'll have a look out for the sheet and let you know when I sew them up.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
If Mesquite can't find his old flysheet, I have some dark green tent fabric I could sew you some bags from - just bought 3000m of dark green bonded Nylon thread too!

If that's too dark, I have yellow, blue or orange ripstop

Reactions: oldtimer

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Maybe not the branding you'd like but we use bags like this for carrying around washable face wipes for the kids. https://www.cheekywipes.com/extras-...yIzy2KYryKYhCWmFtxMUR1t9tFUNlYccaAlm2EALw_wcB
I'm sure other brands are available and will be about the size you're after.

Nearly a fiver, though, gets expensive if you need a few.

I dug out my silnylon tent and threaded the machine with the green Nylon thread. Having a play with different seams. It's slippery stuff to work with - not my favourite stuff to sew - making a stuff sack with properly hidden edges is more involved than I'd thought. Never had much success with rolled edge foot but think I'll try again.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
It's the baby tax. Anything to do with babies costs more than you expect. It never seems as bad after you've paid the wedding taxes though. :eek2:

Reactions: Winnet

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE