Slug Love

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
SLUGHAUS flashlight review

Hi my name's Jon and I am a torch addict and whilst the temptation to get something bigger & brighter with better battery life that can cast shadow puppets on low cloud is incredibly strong. Well the thing is, sometimes you just want to rummage in a bag or find your boots after dark for that midnight call of nature. So you don't need anything super bright like a nuclear blast. Small keyring torches are of course by no means a new idea but are invariably cheaply constructed plastic tat that fails completely the moment it gets wet. Handy items but not survival reliable, then the Slughaus arrived on the scene.

Weighing in at about 5grams and measuring 10.5 x 33mm it's about as small as you can practically get a flashlight and a true Kickstarter success story. Has an aluminium body making it crush resistant and the must have feature for me, it's water proof! Short of whacking it with an axe it's bulletproof. Reasonably good lumen output for such a small package, bright enough to see where you are putting your feet and then some without illuminating the entire camp.

Definitely a must have for the EDC keyring or survival tin and loving my little slug.

IMAG2541.jpg

Thankyou Tony, it's a great little torch :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Ah, my first meeting of a Jamie on here :)

[video=youtube_share;KeMMow_Itqw]https://youtu.be/KeMMow_Itqw[/video]

My recent purchases:

Maratac Stainless TPF AAA

MecArmy F11, tiny 10180 battery clip on torch

Olight Javelin at serious discount, but I still prefer my Eagletac MC series for throw

Olight SR Mini Intimidator

Nebo L'il Larry worklight, really good for the money. For about £8 you get a magnetic based worklight that comes with installed Duracells and spare batteries too. And it sticks to the centre pole in the belltent :)

Others in use:

Eagletac D25A, one Ali, one Ti (anodised with colours)

Eagletac D25C, Ti (anodised with colours)

Zebralight SC600w Mk3

Lost my SC52 somewhere, bummer, it was a nice torch

MANKER Quinlan T01 II, silly bright tiny thrower

BLF x5 XPL-HI 14500 powerhouse tiny thrower. For £16 this was a bargain.

Last edited:

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Slightly before my time but only just, father would torment me by singing the tune
[video=youtube_share;wujTB-nDe-M]https://youtu.be/wujTB-nDe-M[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE