Smallest pills (boring but useful)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 18, 2021
Winchester
Hello guys, my first-ever post here and it's a boring one. (Sorry -- must try harder.)

I'm trying to pack as much as possible into a tiny survival kit. Can anyone recommend small paracetomol and ibuprofen pills (that is, round tablets, not capsules) presently available on the UK market? I found small paracetomol from Home Bargains but they're still slightly too large for this cheap aluminium keychain pillbox https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324657723771 .

Best, Nifty

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't think you'll find any. Paracetamol is deliberately packaged to be inconvenient to take too many. I won't go into on the forum, but Martyn, who owned the BB site, talked about seeing the after effects in the hospital where he worked. Most definitely tragic.

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Putting the poisonous effects to one side and accepting you want to carry some painkillers, there are bigger capsules available to carry them in. Unfortunately I’ve just chucked out a few earplug containers and various other capsules.

Basically, you’re among many others looking to EDC stuff and your market is catered for. This is an example of one U.K. site selling keyring capsules, but there are loads more. Batteries, pills, matchcases etc.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Putting aside the right or wrongs of doing it, there is no reason why you can't empty the paracetamol powder contents from the capsules into your container. Obviously, you need to devise a way of dishing out a dose.

Ibuprofen on the other hand needs the outer coating.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Would Voltarol suit instead of Ibuprofen ?
If you can take it, it's awfully good, and it comes in wee round, mini smartie shaped pills.

M

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
Exposure to air affects the shelf life so why not just cut out a quantity from a full size packet? It also has the advantage of keeping the tinfoil whole on the reverse which usually has the type and weight of the pill for safe identification.

Reactions: Toddy

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I know US has a combination pill of ibuprofen and paracetamol.
I think it's been ok'd over here for adults atleast but none of the major brands make one.

Edit ah no, one is available, seemingly approved earlier this year.

Still probably too large for the vial, but...

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hello guys, my first-ever post here and it's a boring one. (Sorry -- must try harder.)

I'm trying to pack as much as possible into a tiny survival kit. Can anyone recommend small paracetomol and ibuprofen pills (that is, round tablets, not capsules) presently available on the UK market? I found small paracetomol from Home Bargains but they're still slightly too large for this cheap aluminium keychain pillbox https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324657723771 .

Best, Nifty

I'm kinda interested in what else has made it into the Survival kit and how small you have managed to make it all??

Hope you are going to share.

Dec 18, 2021
Winchester
Thanks guys. That's a lot of suggestions; I'm digesting and will post the eventual solution here in due course in case anyone's interested. Re: TeeDee's question, will post on the appropriate forum. Best, N.

Reactions: TeeDee

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Exposure to air affects the shelf life so why not just cut out a quantity from a full size packet? It also has the advantage of keeping the tinfoil whole on the reverse which usually has the type and weight of the pill for safe identification.
I cut out the required number making sure the foil is still intact and the corners are cut very rounded to avoid sharp edges.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
That's what I do and Aspirin tabs are relatively small as well as Ibuprofen.

If the painkiller enables you to leave the place you don't need so much anyway if it's meant for Britain.

I recently learned that the average distance between houses in Germany is 1,5 km. You really need to choose a very remote place to break your ankles if you want to create a need for more tabs than for a few hours.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE