Slingshots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Ive been on a bit of slingshot making and using spree of late, here's a few of the ones ive made recently.

DSCF3446a.jpg

all board cut, rounded and sanded then oiled and sealed or in the case of the two rounded fork ones, sanded and varnished.

DSCF3459.jpg

DSCF3448.jpg

DSCF3451.jpg

all designed to be used with flat bands, great fun use and with the Thera-band Gold bands fitted, also incredibly powerful as a couple of bunnies have found out recently.:rolleyes::cool:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nice one Kepis. I like the look of these.

How long does it take to make each one?

George

Cheers mate,

Doesn't take long really George, considering i only use hand tools to make them, i suppose start to finish is a couple of hours from marking out to final rub down with fine steel wool for the more intricate designs, the simple ones a little bit less time, really nice way to lose yourself with your thoughts for a couple of hours

Sideburnt

Apr 7, 2011
Leeds
They look pretty darn servicable, I'm not a fan of the plywood design. Its too practical I think, but these are nice hunter-alikes. I never understood why people brought hunter catapults when they're this easy to make.

Therma bands are great huh, they lend well to the flat edges of these catapults I think. I;ve just finished sanding down a buffalo horn catapult which is a beautiful shape in the hand.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE