sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
I am 1,83m, pulled it all up to my mouth and still had quite a lot to spare on the length. People of most sizes serve in the army, so you probably have to be pretty large to outsize this sleeping bag. If indeed this is the same bag. And if it is newer it is probably even better.

Torjus Gaaren

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
The only catch may be that it easily gets wet, so you should always have a roof over your head when using it.

And I have thought about that minus 30 thing. It was minus 30 outside the tent, but inside it probably was closer to -15 on the colder spots. May be no problem if it is colder though. Just sleep with woolen clothes on stay well off the snow.

Torjus Gaaren

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
The bag pictured looks a lot like a snugpak antartica 2c which is not a feather bag.
snugpak bag

You probably get an issue arctic bag for that price.
Has anyone actually bought one of these ?

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
:offtopic: but i got a 35L Swedish Army rucksack off them a couple of weeks ago and it came by courier.....only about a week after I originally placed the order on thier website and after recieving an email to say it was poop and they'd ring to take my details by phone. I called them....after not hearing anything.

ANyway sounds like a good bag how do them Nanoks (don't know the rating and/or model but think you can get em from Outdoorcode) compare?

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
I too have had problems with S&A Marts took three and a half weeks 4 e-mails 5 phone calls (last one rather agressive) to complete a part sent order but having said that the kit they have supplied is on the mark quality wise.I know little about the bag only when you rest the cursor over the image it flags up as norwegian extreme bag i've tried various google searches and can find nothing most refer to nanoks with norgie special forces but nothing about this bag thats why I started the thread.
Dave.

jay120970

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2005
devon
just looked at the link and shurly that pic of the bag
am sure its a pic of a snugpac artic bag
correct me if am wrong
have you got the bag yet
does it look the same
i bought of them before and what i got in the post wasnt the same as what was in the pic be warned :confused:

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
No decided against it in the end having noted what Turjusg said about it getting wet easily I've contacted Andrew at outdoorcode and choosen the nanok endurance -10
Great deal,price and service and a free pillow no contest when set against the lack of customer care and doubts you get with S&A.
Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE