Sleeping bag reccomendation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Caboose117

Jul 12, 2006
USA
i dont have a sleeping bag ive been at snugpaks they look pretty nice
im looking for a 4 season sleeping bag under $200.00, does anyone have any sugeetions?
im sorta a :newbie:

pinty

Mar 24, 2006
London
Caboose117 said:
well i live in america and unfoutenaly im not going to pay for extra shipping why are snugpaks so bad?
I've got a Snugpak sleeping bag, and it's just not as warm as it said it would be. I think they get hyped because some of their ranges supposedly pack very small - although you could be better off with just a cheap lightweight/small jungle bag plus liner. It's all fashion innit.

SowthEfrikan

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2006
Texas, USA
Caboose, log on to www.backpackinglight.com and read through their listing of sleeping bags to see what best suits you, then toddle off to compare manufacturer prices. I think you may be asking a lot for that price, but there are speciality manufacturers that may be in your price range.

RGRBOX

Forager
Go to the following link.

http://www.eagleindustries.com/MainProd.asp?CatID=23&SubCatID=69

Carinthia makes some great sleeping bags.. infact many Eurpean countries militaries use them. I've been using them for some time, and find them to be great. The price isn't bad, and the cut is wonderful. I find that SnugPak cuts the weight, but cutting the size of the bags.. and because their company uses a practice of going outside to get the insulation for their bags, it gets shipped to them in a compressed form. The company that makes the insulation puts a glue on it, and then compresses it for shipping. Once the insulation arrives, then they wash it, and it comes out without the glue on it.. because of this, the bag already looses about 10% of the insulation it says it has. Then once you wash the bag it will continue to loose up to 30% of the protection, and warmth with each wash..

Anyway, there are a few who mkaes thier on filling, or they have it shipped to them with out the compression.. Ajungilak is another good bag company.. and Nanok makes some great bags.. but I've herad from people who've purchaced them from Ray Mears site to say that they aren't that great. I shipped on of his former instructors a Carinthia Defence 4 bags, and he loves it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE