Slack Line Walking...?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BIG_emu

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
Cheshire
did some slacklining the week before the moot, it's a good laugh. you need staberlisers (i.e. other people) for a while though its a very odd feeling walking along a piece of thin seatbelt :D

Ben

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Tried it in France one year - didn't like the taste of mud and the feeling that I may have broken bones at the start of the canoeing season......

Andyre

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
Abingdon, Oxon
I know several climbers who use it as a training aid to improve their balance.
I have tried it but spent more time laying on my back looking up at the webbing thinking
" something isnt quite right here"

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
When I was in Climbers camp sites in Provence and Ailfroide this summer, there were a few setup. Most use a truckers webbing with the tensioner. I have done it barefoot, can bash yer toes a bit though.

Nick

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Cobweb, we are going to look ridiculous trying to do that :lmao:
Can we find somewhere where there's no one watching and I'll bring the big blow up airbed and we could have a play ? The twiglets would love it though :D

Just had a thought, it doesn't need to be that high off the ground, just enough that the dip of the line won't touch :cool:

cheers,
M

Andyre

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
Abingdon, Oxon
Just had a thought, it doesn't need to be that high off the ground, just enough that the dip of the line won't touch :cool:

cheers,
M

Even at about 18 inches its amazing how often you fall off. :1244:
Really good fun though.
Me thinks i might need to practice by next year's moot:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Aye, but you'll be alright, you've got legs to your armpits :D me and cobweb are only about 5'2" :sigh:

Wonder if we could rig up a jungle gym next year. Not just for the kids either :cool:

cheers,
Toddy.................Tony's gonna kill me, isn't he ? :rolleyes:

bramble

Mar 4, 2008
Shropshire
Hay Toddy, me thinks the twiglets would like it just fine, and no doubt they will put you and Cobweb to shame:eek: Note I have not put myself forward, I will be on standby with the first aid kit :lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If I'm getting up on that line with Cobweb there's no way you're not having a go too ?? :D

I watch the Twiglets running around and I want to be ten again :eek:
Remember when muscles were like rubber bands ? we were light enough to jump off trees and walls and bounce ? (without needing shock absorber bras! ) and we could run all day without our throats burning on fire gasping for air ? or our faces scarlet with exertion :eek: I used to be able to do back flips on the beam, I don't think I could even turn a somersault on the floor now :(

Still I think it could be fun to try the line.......maybe. I do fancy an adult safe jungle gym though :cool:

:grouphug:
Mary

BIG_emu

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
Cheshire
don't worry, throw a bouldering mat under it and you'll be fine... or miss the mat completly and faceplant the tree its attached to :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE