Slack Line Walking...?

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE

BIG_emu

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
Cheshire
did some slacklining the week before the moot, it's a good laugh. you need staberlisers (i.e. other people) for a while though its a very odd feeling walking along a piece of thin seatbelt :D

Ben

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Tried it in France one year - didn't like the taste of mud and the feeling that I may have broken bones at the start of the canoeing season......

Andyre

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
Abingdon, Oxon
I know several climbers who use it as a training aid to improve their balance.
I have tried it but spent more time laying on my back looking up at the webbing thinking
" something isnt quite right here"

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
When I was in Climbers camp sites in Provence and Ailfroide this summer, there were a few setup. Most use a truckers webbing with the tensioner. I have done it barefoot, can bash yer toes a bit though.

Nick

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Cobweb, we are going to look ridiculous trying to do that :lmao:
Can we find somewhere where there's no one watching and I'll bring the big blow up airbed and we could have a play ? The twiglets would love it though :D

Just had a thought, it doesn't need to be that high off the ground, just enough that the dip of the line won't touch :cool:

cheers,
M

Andyre

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
Abingdon, Oxon
Just had a thought, it doesn't need to be that high off the ground, just enough that the dip of the line won't touch :cool:

cheers,
M

Even at about 18 inches its amazing how often you fall off. :1244:
Really good fun though.
Me thinks i might need to practice by next year's moot:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Aye, but you'll be alright, you've got legs to your armpits :D me and cobweb are only about 5'2" :sigh:

Wonder if we could rig up a jungle gym next year. Not just for the kids either :cool:

cheers,
Toddy.................Tony's gonna kill me, isn't he ? :rolleyes:

bramble

Mar 4, 2008
Shropshire
Hay Toddy, me thinks the twiglets would like it just fine, and no doubt they will put you and Cobweb to shame:eek: Note I have not put myself forward, I will be on standby with the first aid kit :lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If I'm getting up on that line with Cobweb there's no way you're not having a go too ?? :D

I watch the Twiglets running around and I want to be ten again :eek:
Remember when muscles were like rubber bands ? we were light enough to jump off trees and walls and bounce ? (without needing shock absorber bras! ) and we could run all day without our throats burning on fire gasping for air ? or our faces scarlet with exertion :eek: I used to be able to do back flips on the beam, I don't think I could even turn a somersault on the floor now :(

Still I think it could be fun to try the line.......maybe. I do fancy an adult safe jungle gym though :cool:

:grouphug:
Mary

BIG_emu

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
Cheshire
don't worry, throw a bouldering mat under it and you'll be fine... or miss the mat completly and faceplant the tree its attached to :p

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.