Skip find

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Brazier002.jpg

Brazier001.jpg

Mora 106 is for scale purposes only.
SHMBO pick this stainless steel bucket from a skip recently, the grill is from an old microwave.
Think this will make a good portable barBQ, needs a bale arm and a lower base shelf for the coals to be placed on.
Skips ! don't you just love em.

Silverclaws

Forager
Jul 23, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
It's odd, wherever I go and I see a skip, I just have to have a nose and from my nosing I have recovered many a machine householders don't think to repair, where with electrical garden machines the most common throw away fault is the supply lead going open circuit, usually at the labyrinth cord grip, a £1 tool can track that fault, the other fault which is laughable really is a blown fuse, but I love it but at the same time it is really sad that people think to throw away instead of repair, what is it people like spending money?

My household hoover came from a skip, a Numatic slightly bigger than a Henry with twin speed and it was chucked will all the tools, so bonus. The fault, well people use their feet to turn switches off and on this one the force used had upset the switch, so it was take it apart, (Numatics are designed to be repaired) and fix the switch by taking that apart and so I have a superb hoover now and have had it five years and the things it has sucked up, even dust and metal fillings at the smithy, which is never a good idea but what fault developed was easily repaired.

I am pleased to say I am a skip monkey and other people's throw aways, well, where there's muck there's brass.

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I had a skip here a while back, and I'm such an inveterate skip ratcher, I kept looking in it, even though is thrown every ounce of its contents in there myself.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Silverclaws

Forager
Jul 23, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
Amazing what you can steal these days ;)

True, raiding from skips is theft, it is why I only raid at night, as there are too many assh**** is society today who like to cause problems just because they can. But if the skip in question has something in it you want, ask the skip renter if you can have it and you should be in the clear.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I have to say widu13 mate that the guy who was filling the skip from a fish and chip shop in Church Road Hove was actually standing next to said skip, she did actually ask for it, and he said would you like a bag believe it or not.
Your turn to make tea at Broadstone then. :rolleyes:

I had a very new looking Dyson DC07 from a house clearance, the customer was downsizing and I was getting rid of surplus items. She told me that the Dyson was a couple of years old but had stopped sucking after the first few days of use. She had meant to claim on her warranty but had never bothered.
I fixed it when I got home in about 30 seconds, it had a 2p coin in the u bend pipe at the back which dropped out when I removed the 'quick release' u bend.
superb :)

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
True, raiding from skips is theft, it is why I only raid at night, as there are too many assh**** is society today who like to cause problems just because they can. But if the skip in question has something in it you want, ask the skip renter if you can have it and you should be in the clear.

Nearly, but no prize for you. It belongs to the skip company once in the skip.

I totally agree too many people are willing to pick and choose which laws they break. One of my pet hates is the low life who take donations to the charity shops which have been left on their doorsteps before they are open. Perhaps that is ok at night as well. WAW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE