Skip find of the day.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
NOw I am on a PC looking at the handle.... me thinks we need a Pole Lathe... :) at the woodland site... :)

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Good find, if it was mine I'd make another handle for it as it would be much more safer.
If you are going to the Sussex meet at some time I could give you some nice beech wood with the hole already drilled, all you have to do is whittle it down and sand it to fit your hand, I have done the same thing with a few cleavers of late with the same wood, they look nice.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
NOw I am on a PC looking at the handle.... me thinks we need a Pole Lathe... :) at the woodland site... :)

Oh definitely Stu,
Cheers
Colin.

That's a great find. Makes me smile knowing it wasn't dumped in landfill!!

I know what you mean, though it would probably have ended up in a scrapyard.
Cheers.

Good find, if it was mine I'd make another handle for it as it would be much more safer.
If you are going to the Sussex meet at some time I could give you some nice beech wood with the hole already drilled, all you have to do is whittle it down and sand it to fit your hand, I have done the same thing with a few cleavers of late with the same wood, they look nice.

Thanks for the offer Hugo,but I'll try to repair the original for now and see how it goes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE