Sixth Sense - What is it ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I wouldn't like to mess with an angry badger. Don't underestimate them. I once got told that in badger baiting they had to hobble the badger by breaking its paws or jaws to give the dogs a chance. No idea if true but I'd like to hobble those who do through experience.

Anyway, I digress..... again!

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
I still think unless we go into the "wooooOOOoo" sense of the 6th sense, then it would be chalked down to instinct and situational awareness.

There are many people who can sleep through a thunderstorm, but the change in air pressure from a door opening will wake them...
I grew up abroad with typhoons, strong winds, thunder, heavy rain, etc, none of that wakes me, nor bothers me, hear a tinkle of glass, a thud, or my doggo make a noise that is out of the ordinary and I'll be awake in an instant - or at least there are many times I've woken - perhaps hundreds more when I've carried on drooling and snoring...

My Dad was the pinnacle of perceptiveness...he could go away on holiday for a week, you could spill something on a carpet and gently shift a rug an inch to cover it, no other obvious tells in a room, within a moment of him walking into the room a week later he'd flick the rug over and spot it... 6th sense?

Reactions: ManFriday4

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
I think rather than focus upon overt psychopathic type natures - which seems to present quite obvious red flags we'd be better being concerned with the Covert psychopath - the higher functioning ones that obviously walk amongst us.
It is estimated that around 5% of the population are either psychopathic or sociopathic, this isn’t to suggest that they are all a physical danger to the rest of the population. Just that one in twenty people that you meet are statistically likely to have either of those disorders.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE