Simple blogging software to document lifestyle change...

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Within the next six weeks I will be ending my 30 year career (job) in the TV industry. Even if I wanted to return to my current employer there is a two year moratorium in place. Fortunately they will be giving me a handsome payout of about nine months pay which will last me for three years if I behave myself. Which I won't. So anyway the wedge plus my ISAs will allow me to be an international sking/climbing/bushcrafting bum for about two years and I would like to publicly document this part of my life. Facebook would be great if it allowed non-Facebook users to follow me, Wordpress would be superb if I bothered to learn how to use it, I won't. I thought tumblr would be the answer but I'm sick of it already! Are there any simple but functional blog apps that will allow me to embarrass myself online without requiring me to become some sort of html nerd?

http://telemarktourer.tumblr.com/

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Blogger is what I have used in the past but it is no longer supported by Google...

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
You could always post stuff here on a single thread and post a hard link to that thread on your webpage. :)

Good luck and have a fantastic time.

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Educate me! :) What difference does that make for it? (For my own knowledge)

I read a review of the top 18 blog apps and it suggested that you shouldn't use unsupported blog software. Blogger was one of the sites it recommended we avoid...

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Looks like I may give the light version of Wordpress another go... If anyone sees an iPad flying past them it was probably mine...

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Looks like I may give the light version of Wordpress another go... If anyone sees an iPad flying past them it was probably mine...

I'd avoid Wordpress like the plague, far too many security issues.

What's wrong with a blog on BCUK? Let Tony worry about the software. :)

I'd avoid Wordpress like the plague, far too many security issues.

It depends a lot on your hosting acct and the way you have it set up. I have 2 different hosts with several wordpress sites between them, and one (lunarpages) really doesn't do anything to assist you with security other than alert you to fix it if something gets out of hand - the other one (Siteground) automatically updates your wordpress installations when new ones come out and supplies some proprietary customizations which augment security. My siteground sites have a tiny fraction of the issues that the others do. Your mileage may vary of course.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE