Silverfire Scout gasifier stove chimney attachment and internal stove.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
Ok, I'm might need a little help on a project I want to share.

What I would like to do is, get a 12 cm diameter stainless steel pot and turn it upside down on the burn/combustion chamber on the Silverfire Scout gasifier stove and attach a chimney and door to the upside down pot.

I was thinking about a two inch flexible tube flue, and the door will be for adding small pruner/lopper cut twigs or pellet sized branches.

One could cook on the base of the upside down 12 cm pot and it could work as a small heater stove for a Polish Lavvu canvas tent.

Any thoughts or help with this project would be very much appreciated.

Cheers, Alex.

Last edited:

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
3a5df2dd3e7d126119a0cc97d6c94477.jpg

Here is the 12cm burn chamber I wish to set the upside down 12cm pot upon with added chimney and small door for adding fuel pellets.

A little help or ideas for this project would be great.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
As mrcharley says, as soon as you cover your gasifier you've interfered with the whole system and it'll stop working; gasifers are great things and I use one most of the time, but to get them running as efficiently as they can (or at all) they need to be "tuned" correctly. By putting a large outer container over the whole thing you'd throw it out of balance to such an extent that the basic principles on which it works would no longer apply.

I think what you're after is more on the principles of a rocket stove or similar; let us know how you get on, eh? :)

Jan 5, 2016
Norge
This could work. I believe a chimney will suck enough air through the stove so that it will burn properly.
But there could be a problem with stability. If you want to cook ontop of it the chimney must be on one side.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Never used a gasifier stove but if you need a flue to draw well it wants to be as straight as possible

The flue i made for my first hot tent had two 45 degree bends in it and it was ok. But after i fitted an 8 foot straight flue to the same stove it drew like a furnace

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
I have not failed. I've just found 10000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison

Best guess...
Adding a chimney to a gasifier in theory would make it operate more like a conventional stove but the draught of cold air being drawn into the outer chamber (that bypasses the fire) would probably screw things up. You want the air to go through the fire not cool the combustion chamber.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE