Silly cheap Merino

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Seen that, and had it before, not overly impressed with Aldi's offerings, but they are OK. I would have looked if this offering hadn't come along.

For the same money these are superb.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
I like the price, but that has got be be one of the worst web storefronts I have ever come across. There is not even a search button for Babbage's sake!

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
T k Max have Smartwool Merino wool long and short sleeve base layers in for £19.00.
For some reason they are in the golf clothing section

Last edited:

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Worst web site design ever. It did everything possible to wind me up and get me off it as quickly as possible. Such a shame as I would have made at least one purchase if I had not been foaming at the mouth trying to get out of it what I wanted. The web designer must have been the bosses 15 year old son.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
Sheesh.

Won't bother in future. You always have the choice of the better websites with the higher prices chaps.

I have ticked the box about them not sharing my details and have had four or five good deals in the last year.

It's like dog mess, you could stand and point and rant, but personally I go around and get on with life.

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
cheers for the heads up Dougster, sorted out one for me and one for SWMBO :) I'm already signed up for the site but had missed this. I've had a few great deals from them particularly merino socks which come around regularly

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Sheesh.

Won't bother in future. You always have the choice of the better websites with the higher prices chaps.

I have ticked the box about them not sharing my details and have had four or five good deals in the last year.

It's like dog mess, you could stand and point and rant, but personally I go around and get on with life.

No one was having a go at you Dougster. I am always grateful for any offers tucked away in the web to come my way. The problem was the sites style and way of working. I have written to them and given them my experience of using the site in the hope that they change and make it more usable for us and therefore more profitable for them.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
No one was having a go at you Dougster. I am always grateful for any offers tucked away in the web to come my way. The problem was the sites style and way of working. I have written to them and given them my experience of using the site in the hope that they change and make it more usable for us and therefore more profitable for them.

I know you weren't and nor was anyone else, which was why I put the post I did. The site doesn't work like normal sites - as they will tell you. They sell job lots of stuff that is leftover from manufacturers and they only buy what is ordered.

There is a propensity for people to focus on what they don't like and not see ways of overcoming it, it must be something to do with the difficulties of living in an economic downturn but in all seriousness, I will leave the heads ups to those who get the Aldi email in future.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Although frustrating, there are some very good deals on there - it looks like they are responding to criticism though, this was the reply I got from them when I told them about their lack of search bar "We are, however, working on reinventing the site very soon so keep an eye out and there should be a search bar very soon."

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
This is the reply I got from them. If I moan about something I try and let the company know what the problem is as well as my mates. I always feel that it is pointless in just whinging to each other when contacting the person involved and explaining a situation might help everyone in the long run.

[FONT=&quot]Hi John,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are actually currently in the middle of a redesign to make the site much slicker. I am sorry to hear you've not been happy with your experience so far and if there is anything specific you would like to see let me know and I'll get it looked into.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Benjamin[/FONT]

Last edited:

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Just had another reply from them. They are aware of this thread and have taken on board the comments. I have to say they could not have been more helpful.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE