Sigg Oval steel bottles

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I bought a swiss armysurplus water bottle on ebay a week or two ago, its aluminium, the cup fits over a sigg oval bottle, the flask was ok and has a cork fitting that I'm going to test for water tightness.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thought you might be interested in this guys.

P9160071s.jpg

I've got to admit it was inspired by similar designs by T1tch and Wayland but it was a good leather work learning exercise. The stitching is artificial sinue from the group buy and the additional leather loop at the back is for fitting to a caribina.

Red/g4ghb
You could have had a look at this on the Mors' course I had it with me by the camp fire.
Now thats lovely work!

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I have the oval in steel and aluminum plus the Vintage flask (thanks to Hoodoo). I really like the oval aluminum for a water bottle as it fits my camera backpack side mesh pocket very well and slips nicely in my Swiss gas mask camera bag too.

walkbag4367sn9.jpg

The flask is very very nice. Contents of mine is only Laphroaig though.

I think the red and blue oval stainless steel bottles are discontinued...so if you want those better snap them up now. They are not all that much heavier than the aluminum ones.

You'd think a guy could come up with a better saw than that one. :dunno:

:lmao:

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
guys you dont need a water bottle all you need is a big pastic (coke bottle shape ) bottle of water and a big bottle of dilute (pardon spelling if wrong) orange then use a crusader mug also need coffe and suger, but brew utensils is a different thread entirly.
the only time i would bring adrinks bottle like the baove is if i was taking my favourite alcoholic drink which is JD and even then you dont need to due to glass bottle it stored in if you pack it right

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE