Shrub ID please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Growing in a National Trust woodland in coastal West Wales. My tiny brain overflows with Latin names from various plant ID sites and my Googlefoo is exhausted.
The hanging flower clusters which are much pinker in Summer hang like Chinese Lanterns, the rounded, dark red, almost black berries/fruits when present are the size of very small Grapes. Green stems the thickness of pencils/ thin garden canes and large fleshy leaves. The plant in the photos is about 5 feet high.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've tried to see the photos @saxonaxe, they're not showing here and I followed the link, but nothing is coming up.
Could you maybe have a look and see if there's anything needing cleared for them to work ?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Common name is Love Lies Bleeding I think. That’s what my mum calls it anyway.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
I've tried to see the photos @saxonaxe, they're not showing here and I followed the link, but nothing is coming up.
Could you maybe have a look and see if there's anything needing cleared for them to work ?
I used a thing called imgBB, Toddy. I'm not computer literate I'm afraid, I get lost in the jargon, I don't know how to use the website system for showing images... I guess they must be showing though because 2 kind gentlemen have identified the shrub...and saved my sanity.
Thanks for the ID gents.:thumbsup:

Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE