Plant and Tree ID please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treelore

Nomad
Jan 4, 2008
Northamptonshire
Hillbill you should inform the EA to the GHW plant and theyshould deal with it or contractors will come in to do the job. If you want to tackleit yourself, buy a disposable over suit with a hood, gloves (latex) and a duskmask and safety specks. You want to cut and double bag it and the tool you usealso place in a bag until you can clean with petrol or the like. Burn the GHWin an incinerator with the gloves, over suit and mask. The regen from the GHWwant to be sprayed off with round-up if you are near a water course, or injectit into the stem. But again the best bet is the EA, I’d just mention that kitsplay round there and it’s an accident waiting to happen ….that should get them to puta wiggle on
:D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Genesis wrote a song about the giant Hogweed - worth a listen (it was EARLY Genesis - not the later carp pop based rubbish!)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
There is no fruit on the tree that i can see. Definitely nothing like plane fruit. They are mature (ish) trees, between 20 and 30 feet tall.

More pics. :)

This is the bark from the 3 trees in the stand. The first is the largest.

P1010492.jpg

P1010486.jpg

P1010490.jpg

P1010491.jpg

Leaves turned upside down with the wind. Not really silvery, just a paler shade of green

P1010488.jpg

The stand. only the central 3 trunks are these maples.

P1010487.jpg

Last edited:

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Aye, i'll give them a ring and see what they have to say. :)

Hillbill you should inform the EA to the GHW plant and theyshould deal with it or contractors will come in to do the job. If you want to tackleit yourself, buy a disposable over suit with a hood, gloves (latex) and a duskmask and safety specks. You want to cut and double bag it and the tool you usealso place in a bag until you can clean with petrol or the like. Burn the GHWin an incinerator with the gloves, over suit and mask. The regen from the GHWwant to be sprayed off with round-up if you are near a water course, or injectit into the stem. But again the best bet is the EA, I’d just mention that kitsplay round there and it’s an accident waiting to happen ….that should get them to puta wiggle on
:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE