Shroom fest in the woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Spent the night out in the woods and i'm glad i had the camera with me, lot's of different shrooms and fungi, most of which i have no idea what they were. Feel free to chip in with the names, Lot's of bracket fungi like beefsteak's, and i do mean a lot!!!

One that i would like to know the name of is this one
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15287361@N04/1773544857/
It was about 10cm tall and gave off a nasty niff, especially when prodded (trying to remove leaf litter for better photo!), found one that had been trodden on and snapped by a deer no doubt, very hollow inside, wide enough to put your finger in :yuck:
Feel free to have a look around the other photo's for more mushroom pic's from last night :)
Can anybody point me in the direction of a guide to british mushroom and fungi with pictures and diagrams? Preferably coffee table size if you know what i mean :present:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
From the description alone, stinkhorn. Looking at the photo confirms this. If you hasd said it looks like a John Thomas, then you could have done away with the rest of the description!

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
If yours looks like that i'd get down the clinic :p
Thanks for the reply, i'll have a search but i'm guessing it ain't edible :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE