Shower ? cleaning yourself clean !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
You do not need to worry about viruses though when purifying water apparently. I do not believe them. Hepatitis comes from shellfish that are improperly cooked. Doing your business 100m away may help, but in some places its hard to get 100m away and iff you do, whoes to say that layer of clay will not just shunt it straight into the water course. And thats before getting to the major slow flowing rivers.

Agreed on most points. That said, if you can't get 100 yards away, then you're probably near enough to civilization to wait to use a proper facility.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Hepatitis virus only occurs in shellfish that comes from waters that are dirty ( by untreated sewage containing the virus).
It is not a common way to get viral Hepatitis. Foods prepared by infected people with non existent hygiene is far more common. Contaminated water .

Boil for three minutes and it is safe.

If you worry, get the immunization shot against Hep A and B.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Agreed on most points. That said, if you can't get 100 yards away, then you're probably near enough to civilization to wait to use a proper facility.

Nope -100 meters away from a water course of some kind, unless your in the desert of course. In wales 5here are dried up channels, stereams and brooks everywhere. As for distance from the property, i usually go by the rule of thumb that you cant make out what the actors are saying to eqch other on the tv.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Nope -100 meters away from a water course of some kind, unless your in the desert of course. In wales 5here are dried up channels, stereams and brooks everywhere. As for distance from the property, i usually go by the rule of thumb that you cant make out what the actors are saying to eqch other on the tv.

That sounds pretty densely populated to me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE