Cleaning yourself outdoors

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Ferrol,

I would be very worried about the kit you are buying, if it is not going to cope with prolonged use and needs laundering as soon as it gets dirty. Also how much kit are you going to take? You are going to need spare kit to change into whilst waiting for your laundry to dry, and if the weather conditions are not right how do you intend drying it?
Also if you are worried about body odour wearing different combinations of natural and man made fibres can reduce body odour.
Just seems to me you are just complicating your camping trips by worrying about washing your clothes and yourself.

Nigel

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
I go with what he said:)

I go with this also. When deer hunting we are out for 10 to 14 days at a time.
Don't bother to wash all over. Just wash hands an face. Ware the same clothes
the entire time. Wife an myself no complaints. As we hunt horseback we are limited
to what we can Carry. Need the room for food an drink more then extra clothes 0r
washing stuff. We once went for 60 days this way on a trip to Canada. Made it fine.

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
These deodorants are amazing.

http://www.pitrok.co.uk/cat--PitRok-natural-deodorants--PitRokDeodorants.html
do a Google search for other brands too (no business interest etc etc)

I have used the 'crystals' for nearly 15 years and they really do stop body odour! many friends and family are now converts and all report the same result. Best of all they don't coat your armpits with aluminium residue like normal deodorants which is a health risk.
Avoid the loose crystal ones because they shatter if dropped.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
For a cheap basic and little more than functional longer camp ( which I've not done yet ) I think I'd try, prusuming acess to non stagnant water.

Cut off bottom from a 6lt plastic milk carton, take a micofibre towel with small cut down one for a flannel.
Put 1-2lt of wash hot water in bowl and put another 2lt on to boil. Have a basic wash wipe down, then put days/yesterdays underwear into used water, adding the extra boiling water should bring it up to a temperature that'll kill off the most smelly bacteria.plus the soapyness should help clean out the dirt, wring out underwear replace with socks, hangthe lot up to dry

Using hard wearing and quick drying underwear/sock, it should be able to keep oneself clean and in reasonably fresh smalls for quite some time.

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
At my old work i got given a 3oz jack daniels hip flask that came as promotional stuff, not really a great volme for water. So when im out ive started to fill it with mouth wash especially if im out for more than one night.

Ryan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE